Graduate Urban Designer Opening
Ambitious Urban Designer sought to join the Manchester studio of Planit-IE.
We are a creative collective of Urban Designers, Landscape Architects and Architectural Visualisers who – through working at a range of scales from city-wide strategies to site development – design, detail and help deliver inspiring communities. Our commitment to quality, in everything we do, ensures we create extraordinary places.
We firmly believe in the strength of collaboration and seek to harness the passion and imagination that each individual brings to the practice. Through our studios in Manchester and London we have built a reputation for design quality and innovation in urban design – often resulting in the focused delivery of crafted projects. We are privileged to be working on a wide range of internationally recognised projects throughout the UK and northern Europe, alongside the very best Architects, Engineers and clients.
We are seeking a talented designer with creative flare and individual drive, who shares our love of bringing about real change through a commitment to delivering design excellence. We are looking for resourceful and driven Graduate Urban Designer to work within our Manchester studio. Excellent graphic, verbal and written communication skills are a prerequisite, as are the abilities to adapt and be resourceful.
Please send your CV, original cover letter and Portfolio of work (max file size 5mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org using 2017-05-MAN-GUD-01 as the subject heading. The closing date for applications is Monday 19 June 2017. No postal copies. No agencies.
Planit-IE is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
- Post-graduate qualification in Urban Design with a background in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Planning
- Resourceful and skilled in all stages of the creative process
- The ability to develop strong concepts
- An understanding of the planning system and its application
- Excellent illustrative skills, especially the ability to draw!
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- A self-motivator with excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work and thrive under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work across a range of projects
- Knowledge of CAD (2D and 3D) and Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Project experience
- Experience of Vectorworks and the Mac OS platform