Ambitious Urban Designer Sought
Ambitious Urban Designer sought to join the emerging Liverpool studio of Planit-IE.
As the northern regions continue to grow, so does the part we play in shaping their future. From temporary interventions to regional strategies, the years ahead promise to be rewarding and exciting for Planit-IE and the communities in which we work.
We are a collaborative studio spanning all scales and a variety of inter-related disciplines. Alongside being Urban Designers, Landscape Architects and Architectural Visualisers, we are makers and facilitators – we design, detail and help deliver inspiring communities. Our commitment to quality, in everything we do, ensures we create extraordinary places.
Through our studios in Manchester, London and now Liverpool we have built a reputation for design quality and innovation in urban design – often resulting in the focused delivery of crafted projects. We are privileged to be working on a wide range of internationally recognised projects throughout the UK and northern Europe, alongside the very best Architects, Engineers and clients.
The recent addition of Standard Practice to the Planit family – operating as ‘a studio within a studio’ – gives us a unique dimension and opportunity to embed making and community participation in our projects. Their arrival, and the wider network it has created, is enabling our Urban Designers with tools and fresh perspectives that is changing the way we look at our projects and in turn shaping the way we work.
We are seeking a talented designer with creative flare and individual drive, who shares our love of bringing about real change through a commitment to delivering design excellence. We are looking for a resourceful and driven Urban Designer to work within our Liverpool studio. Excellent graphic, verbal and written communication skills are a prerequisite, as are the abilities to adapt and be resourceful.
If you are someone who is driven by the opportunity to work across all scales – from tea cup to City Region – this is an incredible opportunity for the right individual.
- Post-graduate qualification in Urban Design with a background in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Planning
- Minimum of 2 years previous working experience within Urban Design
- Resourceful and skilled in all stages of the creative process
- The ability to develop strong concepts
- An understanding of the planning system and its application
- Excellent illustrative skills, especially the ability to draw!
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- A self-motivator with excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work and thrive under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work across a range of projects
- Knowledge of CAD (2D and 3D) and Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Project experience
- Experience of Vectorworks and the Mac OS platform
Interested in joining our talented and hard-working team?
Please provide a bespoke and compelling covering letter outlining your experience, ambition and interests, along with a CV and illustrative examples of your work (max 5 A3 sheets or equivalent), in a single <5MB PDF to: Anna Thorman, HR Business Partner, at email@example.com by 28 February 2019. Please use 2019-02-LIV-UD-01 as the email subject line.
No postal copies. No agencies.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.