GRADUATE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
Full-time Graduate Landscape Architect sought to join the Leeds studio of Planit-IE.
We help to create better futures through collective design. Our dedication to quality, in everything we do, ensures we deliver extraordinary places.
As Landscape Architects, Urban Designers, Visualisers and Makers our projects can be meanwhile or evolve over decades, some covering hundreds if not thousands of hectares. These scales and perspectives put us at the forefront of being able to influence long-lasting positive change through the work we do.
Our newly established studio in Leeds is situated at the heart of the city centre, within the railway station complex and walking distance to the city’s many changing districts and neighbourhoods. Our work sits within, and is helping define, many of these. Leeds is an exciting and rapidly changing city and we have chosen to grow our new studio to support that change.
We’re seeking applications from Graduate Landscape Architects to work on career defining projects that will help shape the future of the city and wider region for future generations. You’ll be actively engaged in delivering exceptional city park and public realm schemes whilst also contributing to the studio culture. A tight knit studio of passionate designers awaits and provides the potential for sustained career growth.
As the first B Corp of our profession in the world, we have a duty to practice what we preach, with a commitment to people and planet sitting equally alongside our better business aims. We are on the journey to becoming a carbon zero business by 2030 and through our membership of the B Lab Global Climate Collective we are collaborating with change makers both within and outside of the traditional built environment businesses.
You will be joining Planit at an exciting period, as we continue to collectively take forward our B Corp aspirations and ambitions and realise our goal to become an Employee-Owned practice this year.
We can be the change we seek in the world.
You can be part of our exciting journey as we have a great portfolio of projects, at a variety of scales from region, city, and town, to block, street, square and park.
Essential Qualities / Attributes:
- Post-graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture
- 0 to 2 years post-graduate experience working in Landscape Design for a Landscape Architect
- Driven by the unique opportunity to grow a new studio, supported by a wider established practice network
- Willing to help drive Landscape Architecture to lead the global carbon, climate and nature-led agenda?
- Inspired to constantly inquire and solve problems through design at all scales?
- Someone with drive, self-belief and tenacity?
- Someone who genuinely enjoys and flourishes through collaboration?
Do you want to work for a design practice that:
- As an accredited B Corp, is rooted in its responsibilities to society and the planet, and actively committed to pursuing better business as a force for social good?
- Holds a passion for outdoor spaces and the role they play in the building blocks for life and society?
- Has a vision to create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities?
- Embraces its people in becoming an Employee-Owned practice, committed to continual employee engagement and inclusion?
- Graduate Landscape Architect up to £26K depending on experience
Other benefits include:
- Minimum 22 days holiday + 3 extra days at Christmas + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Flexible and Hybrid Working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Free eye tests (for screen work)
- Ride to work scheme
- Support with professional fees, CPD and mentoring with your pathway to chartership
- Long Service Awards
Interested in joining our team?
Please upload an original cover letter, CV and details of your experience (max file size 5mb) to apply.
No postal copies. No agencies. We welcome applications for any future roles that may arise in Greater Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Liverpool near Stroud.
As a B Corp accredited practice, we are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds. Our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be, and the stronger we will become.
Whilst we appreciate the advantages of working within a collaborative design studio, we also understand the value to our team members of having an effective work life balance. Many of our team members work flexibly in different ways, including reduced hours and we are currently trialling hybrid working. Please talk to us at the interview stage if flexibility is needed.
Due to recent growth, we have also opened new studios in Liverpool and Standish, Stroud. We have a great portfolio of projects at a variety of scales from region, city, and town, to block, street, square and park.