LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT / PROJECT LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT SOUGHT
Full-time Landscape Architect and Project Landscape Architect sought to join Planit-IE’s Standish studio – The Gatehouse and 5th Studio in Gloucestershire.
Planit-IE is a B Corp accredited practice, working to harness the power of business as a force for good. Along with over 4,000 businesses globally, we are collectively setting new corporate standards for social, environmental and ethical performance. We are Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Visualisers who help to create better futures through collective design. Our dedication to quality, in everything we do, ensures we deliver extraordinary places.
As Urban Designers and Landscape Architects, we approach all our projects by gathering knowledge of a site’s history, geography, geology and ecology. We engage with the communities that surround them and try to ground ourselves in the place and start to develop a curiosity and passion for its long-term potential. On one such commission in Gloucestershire, for an enabling development on a former historic estate, we developed a deeper curiosity for the special qualities of the site and the people that we had encountered along the way and began to hatch a plan.
When you spot an opportunity that feels right, it often is. Having the conviction and determination to follow it through is hard work and why many never see the light of day. The Gatehouse is our 5th Studio and has taken 4 years to realise. It draws on all our years of knowledge and experience. It was designed by our friends and collaborators at FCBS, has been built by local people who are passionate about their craft, has 8 acres of fertile land, sits within an AONB on the edge of the Cotswold Escarpment, and is very much a privilege, responsibility, and a project in and of itself.
It’s a laboratory, a classroom, a workshop, a meeting place, a productive landscape, a kitchen, a theatre, a library, a studio, a community cafe, and guest house that will help to shape and inform our designs and thinking about a better future, with support from the wider Planit family.
We are going to be heightening our relationship with nature, working with our hands, furthering our knowledge through practical application and experimentation in the field, building on existing and new relationships and collaborations, sharing our learning and experiences through all possible means, and others yet unimagined.
We are now in occupation and ready to build a small team to challenge, provoke and test new ways of thinking about what matters in our work and how we can continue to do improve our knowledge and creativity with greater purpose.
As the first B Corp of our type in the world, we have a duty to practice what we preach, with a commitment to people and planet sitting equally alongside our better business aims. We are on the journey to becoming a carbon zero business by 2030 and through our membership of the B Lab Global Climate Collective we are collaborating with change makers both within and outside of the traditional built environment businesses. You will be joining Planit at an exciting period, as we continue to collectively take forward our B Corp aspirations and ambitions and realise our goal to become an Employee-Owned practice this year.
We can be the change. Would you like to be part of that exciting journey?
Essential qualities / attributes:
- Post-graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience working in Landscape Design for a Landscape Architect
- Minimum of 4 years post-graduate experience for the Project Landscape Architect role
- Inspired to solve problems through design?
- Someone with the drive, self-belief and tenacity to persevere despite setbacks?
- Someone who genuinely enjoys collaborating with others.
- Motivated by finding solutions to the challenges facing our planet?
- Willing to help drive the agenda for Landscape Architecture to lead the global carbon, climate and nature-led agenda
- Inspired to constantly inquire and solve problems through design at all scales?
- Someone who has a passion for outdoor spaces and the role they play in the building blocks for communities?
- Someone with a vision to create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities?
- Someone with the drive, self-belief and tenacity?
- Someone who genuinely enjoys and flourishes through collaboration?
Do you want to work for a design practice that:
- As an accredited B Corp, is rooted in its responsibilities to society and the planet, and actively committed to pursuing better business as a force for adding social good?
- Has a passion for outdoor spaces and the role they play in the building blocks for life and society?
- Whose vision is to create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities?
- Embraces its people in becoming an Employee Owned practice, and is committed to continual employee engagement and inclusion?
- Landscape Architect up to £35K depending on experience
- Project Landscape Architect up to £45 depending on experience
Other benefits include:
- Minimum 22 days holiday + 3 extra days at Christmas + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Flexible and Hybrid Working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Free eye tests (for screen work)
- Ride to work scheme
- Support with professional fees, CPD and mentoring with your pathway to chartership
- Long Service Awards
Interested in joining our team?
Please upload an original cover letter, CV and details of your experience (max file size 5mb) to apply.
No postal copies. No agencies. We welcome applications for any future roles that may arise in Greater Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Standish near Stroud.
As a B Corp accredited practice, we are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds. Our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be, and the stronger we will become.
Whilst we appreciate the advantages of working within a collaborative design studio, we also understand the value to our team members of having an effective work life balance. Many of our team members work flexibly in different ways, including reduced hours and we are currently trialling hybrid working. Please talk to us at the interview stage if flexibility is needed.