AMBITIOUS YEAR OUT LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS SOUGHT
We welcome applications for Year Out Landscape Architects for the Altrincham studio of Planit-IE.
Planit-IE is a B Corp accredited practice, working to harness the power of business as a force for good. Along with nearly 4,000 businesses globally, we are collectively setting new corporate standards for social, environmental and ethical performance. We are Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Visualisers who help to create better futures through collective design. Our dedication to quality, in everything we do, ensures we deliver extraordinary places.
We exist to create better futures through collective design. We are a creative blend of Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Visualisers who – through working at a range of scales from city-wide strategies to site development – design, detail and help deliver inspiring communities. Our commitment to quality, in everything we do, ensures we create extraordinary places. We are privileged to be working on a wide range of internationally recognised projects throughout the UK and northern Europe, alongside the very best Architects, Engineers and clients.
We welcome resourceful and driven Year Out Landscape Architects to support our Greater Manchester studio’s work on a range of national projects. Willing to pitch in at all design stages, you must have excellent graphic skills and be used to working under pressure to challenging deadlines. In return you will gain professional experience on a wide range of projects, at a variety of scales, at all stages of the design process. Take a look at the news on our website or @PlanitIE twitter feed to see the type of projects you could be working on.
- Graduate degree in Landscape Architecture or similar
- Innate design ability
- Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills
- Experience of the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up and a recognised CAD package
- Enthusiasm to learn and engage with the wider studio team
- Confident that you can make things better, no matter how small the task at hand, and get pleasure from a job well done?
- Inspired and curious by solving problems through design, always looking to improve, innovate and develop your design knowledge?
- Capable of graphically communicating your thoughts and ideas through range of drawn medium?
- Able to operate between scales of design intervention?
- Motivated by finding solutions to the challenges facing our planet?
- Able to adapt well in the face of adversity, take risks and have faith in your own ability?
- Someone who genuinely enjoys spending time with others, connecting, communicating, collaborating, creating, and socialising?
- A team player who is willing to put your hand up and help out your colleagues, and equally recognise when you need to ask for help yourself?
Do you want to work for a design practice that:
- As an accredited B Corp, is environmentally and socially conscious, and actively committed to adding value through our business operations?
- Has a passion for outdoor spaces and the role they play in the building blocks for communities?
- Whose vision is to create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities?
- Values its people, is working towards becoming an Employee Owned Trust, and is committed to employee engagement and professional development?
Interested in joining our talented and hard-working team?
Please upload an original cover letter, CV and your portfolio of work (max file size 5mb) to apply.
No postal copies. No agencies. We welcome applications for any future roles that may arise in Greater Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Standish near Stroud.
It is our commitment to promote equality of opportunity, and a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. Applications from all individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Many of our team members work flexibly in different ways, including reduced hours. Please talk to us at the interview stage if flexibility is needed. We may not be able to accommodate your requirements, but you will not be judged for asking, and we will give them careful consideration relative to our business needs.